For the Mind
- Start a new book (or finish one)
- Watch a documentary
- Do a puzzle or play a game
- Unplug from social media
- Do something on your to do list
For the Body
- Get outside
- Home workout
- Have a dance party
- Quick yoga flow
- Stretch your body
For the Soul
- Make a home cooked meal using a new recipe
- Call an old friend or family member
- Listen to you favourite album or playlist
- Write down 3 things you love about yourself
- Do a random act of kindness for someone
- Ask for help
If you like Ted Talks there is a whole playlist dedicated to self care: https://www.ted.com/playlists/299/the_importance_of_self_care
- Consider starting some unique journals: such as a journal containing the dreams you had each night, a notebook with your favourite quotes or your favourite recipes, a fitness tracker or a personal diary!
- De-clutter your home: put aside any old clothes or unnecessary objects that you no longer use and give them away to a charity shop when they will open up again.
- Go through all your contacts, select some of your closest friends or people you have not talked to in a while and message/call them – now is a great time to get back in touch with people you haven’t heard from in a while!
- Write down when you feel at your best and at your most confident (could be when you have worked out, when you are wearing a particular outfit, have talked to a particular person, etc.) and keep it all written down for when you need to remind yourself of how to feel your best!